We need your help to… Banish Burdock!
We invite you, the Whistler community, to banish Burdock from your neighbourhood. As participants, you can form a team with your family, friends, roommates or coworkers, and help protect Whistler’s biodiversity!
We’re sampling for European Green Crab in Howe Sound with a team of 12 volunteers this summer. Applications for our 2023 teams will open next spring!
Click here for updates and details:
Community Weed Pulls
Community weed pulls run during the summer season at various locations throughout the corridor. Everyone is invited to come out and help us tackle specific invasive species infestations. It is a great way to get some exercise, get to know your neighbours, and help the environment at the same time.
All tools, gloves, and snacks are provided. Just bring yourself and your energy! Upcoming events are posted below. Sign up for our newsletter to stay current on all events.
Summer 2022 Weed Pulls Hosted in the Community
- Whistler Adopt-a-Trail
- Squamish Scouts Weed Pull at Coho Park
- Pemberton Scouts Weed Pull at Staehli Park
- Squamish Elementary School Weed Pull, with Ms. Keller’s grade 2-3 class
- Howe Sound Secondary School Weed Pull, with Ms. Cormack’s grade 11-12 class
- Garibaldi Highlands Elementary School Weed Pull, with Ms. Barlas’s grade 1-2 class
- Ecole La Vallee Weed Pulls (all grades)
- Coast Mountain Academy Service Day Weed Pull (grades 7-9)
- Conservation Corner Weed Pull on the Little Stawamus Chief Dyke, hosted by the Squamish River Watershed Society
- Himalayan Balsam clean-up, in collaboration with The Road Less Traveled
- In The Wild Woods Fair community celebration and weed pull, hosted by The Wilder
Summer 2021 Weed Pulls Hosted In the Community
- 19 Mile Neighbourhood Clean-Up (summary by Mathew Peake, Hammer Roasting)
- BC Rivers Day Celebration and Weed Pull, hosted by the Squamish River Watershed Society
- Ecole les Aiglons Discovery Trail Clean-Up, made possible by Mme. Antoniazzi’s grade 3-4 class
- Whistler Secondary Valley Trail Clean-Up, in collaboration with Mr. Kung’s grade 9 class.
Summer 2019 Community Weed Pulls
When not in the midst of a pandemic, you can often find us hosting outreach tables at community events such as:
- Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton Farmer’s Markets
- Community Invasive Species Information Sessions
- Squamish River Watershed Society Field Days
- Invasive Species Week
- BC Rivers Day
- Crafty By Nature
- Brackendale Fall Fair
- Earth Day
If you’re interested in volunteering at one of our events, contact us for details.