This spring, in collaboration with Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO), we’re recruiting local volunteers to help us survey for European Green Crab in Howe Sound, which will involve setting multiple crab traps at pre-determined sites, and then returning 24 hours later to collect & record data.
Check out the details and sign up:
Community Weed Pulls
Community weed pulls run during the summer season at various locations throughout the corridor. Everyone is invited to come out and help us tackle specific invasive species infestations. It is a great way to get some exercise, get to know your neighbours, and help the environment at the same time.
All tools, gloves, and snacks are provided. Just bring yourself and your energy! Upcoming events are posted below. Sign up for our newsletter to stay current on all events.
Summer 2019 Community Weed Pulls
- Whistler: Adopt-A-Trail
- Squamish Community Weed Pull with Coast Mountain Academy and the Squamish Environmental Society
Summer 2021 Weed Pulls Hosted In the Community
- 19 Mile Neighbourhood Clean-Up (summary by Mathew Peake, Hammer Roasting)
Past events include:
- Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton Farmer’s Markets
- Community Invasive Species Information Sessions
- Squamish River Watershed Society Field Days
- Invasive Species Week
- BC Rivers Day
- Crafty By Nature
- Brackendale Fall Fair
- Earth Day
If you’re interested in volunteering
at one of our events, contact us for details.