SSISC’s Mission Statement:
To minimize the threat of invasive species that impact on the environment, the economy and human health in the Sea to Sky corridor.
- Raise awareness (focused on behaviour change) about invasive species, their impacts, and management strategies
- Facilitate the flow of external information and provide a source of expertise on invasive species
- Improve stakeholder communication, collaboration, coordination, and information sharing
- Prevent new invasive species from arriving and follow integrated management and early detection and rapid response (EDRR) protocol to prevent their establishment if and when they do arrive
- Minimize or reverse the spread of existing invasive species through coordinated, integrated invasive species management efforts
- Ensure program sustainability
Annual Program Plan
SSISC’s 2024 Annual Program Plan is now available.
You can download SSISC’s Past Annual Program Plans using the links below: