Invasive Species ID Workshop
Learn how to identify and report high priority invasive species in the Sea to Sky region. This training is available to groups upon request and can be tailored to the participants.
During this workshop, we will explain:
- Geographical distribution of key invasives
- Which invasives are the highest priority for management
- How to distinguish invasives from look-alike species
- How to source help with identification
- How to report invasives
This workshop can be held in a classroom setting (where we bring plant samples to you!), outside as a “weed walk,” or a combination of both depending on location.
Who has benefitted from this training?
- Stewardship groups
- Environmental consultants
- Land surveyors
- Local government staff
- Roadside maintenance contractors
- Landfill attendants
- General public