Banish Burdock 2023: Sign Up Today
Banish Burdock (formerly known as Adopt-a-Trail) is back for 2023!
Over the past few years, our volunteers have made tremendous progress in battling Burdock along the Valley Trail, but we are not done yet! We have added some additional trail segments and patches on public land, so we need your help to… Banish Burdock!
- Help stop the spread of invasive species
- Keep your pets bur-free
- Get a little fresh air
What’s not to love?
Interested in volunteering?
Events and Conferences
Upcoming Events and Conferences
NAISMA Webinar: Impacts of Climate Change on Biological Control Agents
Webinar hosted by the North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA): “Reviewing the Impacts of Climate Change on Biological Control Agents: Identifying Research Priorities and Knowledge Gaps”
- September 20, 2023 @ 11:00AM PDT (1:00PM CDT)
- More information and registration link are available on NAISMA’s website
Take Me Outside - Outdoor Learning Seasonal Virtual Workshop Series
Each workshop lasts 60 minutes and take place on Tuesdays at 4 pm Pacific time.
- September 19: Naturally inclusive: Engaging Children of all abilities outdoors
- September 26: Wild learning: Practical ideas to bring teaching outdoors
- October 3: Outdoor learning through patterns in nature
- October 17: Connecting children to nature through Indigenous teachings
- November 7: L’éducation en plein-air: Apprendre et enseigner dehors en tous lieux et en toutes saisons [French webinar]
- November 14: Be out: A new outdoor learning tool for teacher success
You can learn more and sign up on Take Me Outside’s website.
Past Events and Conferences
2023 ORBC Outdoor Recreation Conference: Responsible Recreation
Take Me Outside - Outdoor Learning Winter Virtual Workshop Series
- Tuesdays from January to March at 4pm Pacific
- Presented in partnership with the Outdoor Learning Store
- Each 60-minute webinar is also recorded and posted
- More information on the Take Me Outside website.
- Dirty Teaching: A Beginner’s Guide to Learning Outdoors (January 24)
- Climate Change & Sustainability Education Resources (January 31)
- Taking Math Outdoors: Practical Ideas & Examples (February 7)
- Braiding Sweetgrass for Young Adults (February 8)
- Green Ummah & The Great Outdoors (February 21)
- A People’s Curriculum for the Earth (February 28)
- School Gardening: Teaching Tools & Resources (March 7)
Invasives 2023: ISCBC Annual Forum and AGM
2023 ISC Invasive Species Forum
2022 NAISMA Biocontrol Summit
2022 North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA) Weed Biocontrol Summit
- “Experiences in Implementation of Weed Biocontrol within Integrated Weed Management Programs in North America”
- December 1, 2022
- Over Zoom – more information on the event page