Click on links below for more information about legislation, regulations and bylaws that are relevant to invasive species management in the Sea to Sky region.
Government of Canada
- Aquatic Invasive Species Regulations
- Canada Food Inspection Agency Acts & Regulations (including Plant Protection Act, Seeds Act etc.)
Province of British Columbia
A summary of provincial regulations and legislation can be found here.
- Weed Control Act
- Forest and Range Practices Act
- Integrated Pest Management Act
- Community Charter
- Controlled Alien Species Regulation
- Local Government Act
Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD)
- Deposit and Removal of Soil Bylaw
- Invasive Species Management and Control Service Establishment Bylaw
- Noxious Weeds Control Bylaw
- Pemberton Facilities Rates and Charges Regulation Bylaw
For more information about SLRD bylaws, please refer to the SLRD website.
Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW)
- The Environmental Protection Bylaw prohibits the planting of invasive species in Whistler. It also allows the municipality to provide enforceable notice to remove invasive plant species from private land.
- The Garbage Disposal and Wildlife Attractants Bylaw provides guidelines for the disposal of garbage and other waste, including invasive plant species.
- Pesticide Use Regulation Bylaw (2012 Amendment)
- Property Maintenance Bylaw
- Removal and Deposit of Soil Bylaw
- Click here for a PDF version of SSISC’s presentation on the RMOW Environmental Protection Bylaw
District of Squamish (DOS)
- Unsightly Premise Bylaw
- Solid Waste Bylaw
- Zoning Bylaw
- Fees and Charges Bylaw
- Official Community Plan Bylaw – Schedule N (Squamish Oceanfront Peninsula) and Schedule O (Waterfront Landing)
For more information about DOS bylaws, please refer to the DOS website. Questions may be directed to the Legislative Services department at 604-892-5217. For bylaw enforcement, call 604-815-5067.
Village of Pemberton
For more information about Village of Pemberton bylaws, please refer to the Pemberton Bylaw Services Website. To contact Bylaw Enforcement, email email@example.com or call (604) 894-6135.
Village of Lions Bay
For more information about the Village of Lions Bay bylaws, please refer to the Lions Bay Bylaw Services Website. To contact Bylaw Enforcement, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (604) 921-9333.